Howdy folks, this picture is about 10 Efficiency Apartments That Stand Out For All The Good Reasons (exceptional Apartment Bedroom Decorating Ideas #1). This photo is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 684 x 684. It's file size is only 92 KB. Wether You decided to download This blog post to Your computer, you have to Click here. You could too see more photos by clicking the picture below or read more at this post: Apartment Bedroom Decorating Ideas.
10 Efficiency Apartments That Stand Out For All The Good Reasons (exceptional Apartment Bedroom Decorating Ideas #1) Images Album
Tired of living room decor objects including pads with colors and models are average? Try 10 Efficiency Apartments That Stand Out For All The Good Reasons (exceptional Apartment Bedroom Decorating Ideas #1) you use pillowcase lovely and fashionable design that is colored. In addition to adjusting the design of one's pillow to be more lovely, pillowcases selected with careful consideration can be able to provide comfort and splendor that optimize the inside style of the family room.
To assist you exhibit your living-room design items such as pillows using a selection of shade and style right, listed here are ideas to purchase 10 Efficiency Apartments That Stand Out For All The Good Reasons (exceptional Apartment Bedroom Decorating Ideas #1) was summarized from by pillowcases:
- Check the resources
Pick pillowcases in sturdy leather, and quality despite often that are washed. It is possible to optimize the beauty of the design of the area plus the convenience for the entire family by picking organic components.
- Seek inspiration
Browse around the area you are to look for the style of decor objects properly. Pick a colour style that fits the kind of your property, whether it's derived from the carpet, inside, along with a sofa's style. You also can, customize it with one design in furniture in the space.
- Establish the size
One aspect to contemplate before you determine to purchase this decor product may be the dimension. You should adjust how big is the pillowcase with pretty pillows held so it looks definitely fit and gorgeous.
To exhibit the design more distinctive decoration things, you'll want the courage to show shades that blend more different. Attempt to combination and match using a range of vivid shade mixtures, colour neutral or light shades to give an even more "crowded" but nevertheless in harmony, for example, on a different colour.
- Find tips
Wonderful ideas you may get using a pillowcase modify the appearance you intend to select with the room's general design. Select the sort of cosmetic pillowcases, possess a lot of decorations, and colour mixtures if you want to show classic patterns. Using a selection of basic or vivid hues, pick a simpler design to get a newer layout.
With all the 10 Efficiency Apartments That Stand Out For All The Good Reasons (exceptional Apartment Bedroom Decorating Ideas #1)' selection watched a variety of factors, you can "present" cushion living room that's not in addition comfy to-use, although only gorgeous. Make sure you complete the living room having a pillow additional quality decor things such as attractive lamps, painting, to carpets that will increase the sweetness of the bedroom that is whole is a place berakitivitas you along with your total family.
Apartmentsa•part•ment (ə pärt′mənt),USA pronunciation n.
- a room or a group of related rooms, among similar sets in one building, designed for use as a dwelling.
- a building containing or made up of such rooms.
- any separated room or group of rooms in a house or other dwelling: We heard cries from an apartment at the back of the house.
- apartments, a set of rooms used as a dwelling by one person or one family.
Thatthat (ᵺat; unstressed ᵺət),USA pronunciation pron. and adj., pl.those;
- (used to indicate a person, thing, idea, state, event, time, remark, etc., as pointed out or present, mentioned before, supposed to be understood, or by way of emphasis): That is her mother. After that we saw each other.
- (used to indicate one of two or more persons, things, etc., already mentioned, referring to the one more remote in place, time, or thought;
opposed to this): This is my sister and that's my cousin.
- (used to indicate one of two or more persons, things, etc., already mentioned, implying a contrast or contradistinction;
opposed to this): This suit fits better than that.
- (used as the subject or object of a relative clause, esp. one defining or restricting the antecedent, sometimes replaceable by who, whom, or which): the horse that he bought.
- (used as the object of a preposition, with the preposition standing at the end of a relative clause): the farm that I spoke of.
- (used in various special or elliptical constructions): fool that he is.
- at that:
- in spite of something;
nevertheless: Although perhaps too elaborate, it seemed like a good plan at that.
- in addition;
besides: It was a long wait, and an exasperating one at that.
- that is, (by way of explanation, clarification, or an example);
more accurately: I read the book, that is, I read most of it.Also, that is to say.
- that's that, there is no more to be said or done;
that is finished: I'm not going, and that's that!
- with that, following that;
thereupon: With that, he turned on his heel and fled.
- (used to indicate a person, place, thing, or degree as indicated, mentioned before, present, or as well-known or characteristic): That woman is her mother. Those little mannerisms of hers make me sick.
- (used to indicate the more remote in time, place, or thought of two persons, things, etc., already mentioned;
opposed to this): This room is his and that one is mine.
- (used to imply mere contradistinction;
opposed to this): not this house, but that one.
- that way, [Informal.]in love or very fond of (usually fol. by about or for): The star and the director are that way. I'm that way about coffee.
- (used with adjectives and adverbs of quantity or extent) to the extent or degree indicated: that much; The fish was that big.
- to a great extent or degree;
very: It's not that important.
- [Dial.](used to modify an adjective or another adverb) to such an extent: He was that weak he could hardly stand.
- (used to introduce a subordinate clause as the subject or object of the principal verb or as the necessary complement to a statement made, or a clause expressing cause or reason, purpose or aim, result or consequence, etc.): I'm sure that you'll like it. That he will come is certain. Hold it up so that everyone can see it.
- (used elliptically to introduce an exclamation expressing desire, a wish, surprise, indignation, or other strong feeling): Oh, that I had never been born!
Standstand (stand),USA pronunciation v., stood, stand•ing, n., pl. stands for 43–63, stands, stand for 64.
- (of a person) to be in an upright position on the feet.
- to rise to one's feet (often fol. by up).
- to have a specified height when in this position: a basketball player who stands six feet seven inches.
- to stop or remain motionless or steady on the feet.
- to take a position or place as indicated: to stand aside.
- to remain firm or steadfast, as in a cause.
- to take up or maintain a position or attitude with respect to a person, issue, or the like: to stand as sponsor for a person.
- to have or adopt a certain policy, course, or attitude, as of adherence, support, opposition, or resistance: He stands for free trade.
- (of things) to be in an upright or vertical position, be set on end, or rest on or as on a support.
- to be set, placed, fixed, located, or situated: The building stands at 34th Street and 5th Avenue.
- (of an account, score, etc.) to show, be, or remain as indicated;
show the specified position of the parties concerned: The score stood 18 to 14 at the half.
- to remain erect or whole;
resist change, decay, or destruction (often fol. by up): The ruins still stand. The old building stood up well.
- to continue in force or remain valid: The agreement stands as signed.
- to remain still, stationary, or unused: The bicycle stood in the basement all winter.
- to be or become stagnant, as water.
- (of persons or things) to be or remain in a specified state, condition, relation, relative position, etc.: He stood in jeopardy of losing his license.
- to have the possibility or likelihood: He stands to gain a sizable profit through the sale of the house.
- [Chiefly Brit.]to become or be a candidate, as for public office (usually fol. by for).
- to take or hold a particular course at sea.
- to move in a certain direction: to stand offshore.
- (of a male domestic animal, esp. a stud) to be available as a sire, usually for a fee: Three Derby winners are now standing in Kentucky.
- to cause to stand;
set: Stand the chair by the lamp.
- to face or encounter: to stand an assault.
- to undergo or submit to: to stand trial.
- to endure or undergo without harm or damage or without giving way: His eyes are strong enough to stand the glare.
- to endure or tolerate: She can't stand her father.
- to treat or pay for: I'll stand you to a drink when the manuscript is in.
- to perform the duty of or participate in as part of one's job or duty: to stand watch aboard ship.
- stand a chance or show, to have a chance or possibility, esp. of winning or surviving: He's a good shortstop but doesn't stand a chance of making the major leagues because he can't hit.
- stand by:
- to uphold;
support: She stood by him whenever he was in trouble.
- to adhere to (an agreement, promise, etc.);
affirm: She stood by her decision despite her sister's arguments.
- to stand ready;
wait: Please stand by while I fix this antenna.
- to get ready to speak, act, etc., as at the beginning of a radio or television program.
- to be ready to board a plane, train, or other transport if accommodations become available at the last minute.
- stand down:
- to leave the witness stand.
- to step aside;
withdraw, as from a competition: I agreed to stand down so that she could run for the nomination unopposed.
- to leave or take out of active work or service: to stand down some of the ships in the fleet.
- stand for:
- to represent;
symbolize: P.S. stands for "postscript.''
- to advocate;
favor: He stands for both freedom and justice.
- [Informal.]to tolerate;
allow: I won't stand for any nonsense!
- stand in with:
- to be in association or conspiracy with.
- to enjoy the favor of;
be on friendly terms with.
- stand off:
- to keep or stay at a distance.
- to put off;
- stand on:
- to depend on;
rest on: The case stands on his testimony.
- to be particular about;
demand: to stand on ceremony.
- [Naut.]to maintain a course and speed.
- stand out:
- to project;
protrude: The piers stand out from the harbor wall.
- to be conspicuous or prominent: She stands out in a crowd.
- to persist in opposition or resistance;
- [Naut.]to maintain a course away from shore.
- stand over:
- to supervise very closely;
watch constantly: He won't work unless someone stands over him.
- to put aside temporarily;
postpone: to let a project stand over until the following year.
- stand pat. See pat 2 (def. 6).
- stand to:
- to continue to hold;
persist in: to stand to one's statement.
- to keep at steadily: Stand to your rowing, men!
- to wait in readiness;
stand by: Stand to for action.
- stand to reason. See reason (def. 11).
- stand up:
- to come to or remain in a standing position: to stand up when being introduced.
- to remain strong, convincing, or durable: The case will never stand up in court. Wool stands up better than silk.
- [Slang.]to fail to keep an appointment with (someone, esp. a sweetheart or date): I waited for Kim for an hour before I realized I'd been stood up.
- stand up for:
- to defend the cause of;
support: No one could understand why he stood up for an incorrigible criminal.
- to serve a bridegroom or bride, as best man or maid (matron) of honor.
- stand up to, to meet or deal with fearlessly;
confront: to stand up to a bully.
- the act of standing;
an assuming of or a remaining in an upright position.
- a cessation of motion;
halt or stop.
- a determined effort for or against something, esp. a final defensive effort: Custer's last stand.
- a determined policy, position, attitude, etc., taken or maintained: We must take a stand on political issues.
- the place in which a person or thing stands;
- See witness stand.
- a raised platform, as for a speaker, a band, or the like.
- stands, a raised section of seats for spectators;
- a framework on or in which articles are placed for support, exhibition, etc.: a hat stand.
- a piece of furniture of various forms, on or in which to put articles (often used in combination): a nightstand; a washstand.
- a small, light table.
- a stall, booth, counter, or the like, where articles are displayed for sale or where some business is carried on: a fruit stand.
- newsstand: The papers usually hit the stands at 5 a.m.
- a site or location for business: After 20 years the ice-cream vendor was still at the same stand.
- a place or station occupied by vehicles available for hire: a taxicab stand.
- the vehicles occupying such a place.
- the growing trees, or those of a particular species or grade, in a given area.
- a standing growth, as of grass, wheat, etc.
- a halt of a theatrical company on tour, to give a performance or performances: a series of one-night stands on the strawhat trail.
- the town at which a touring theatrical company gives a performance.
- hive (def. 2).
- a rolling unit in a rolling mill.
- [Chiefly Brit.]a complete set of arms or accoutrements for one soldier.
- take the stand, to testify in a courtroom.
Outout (out),USA pronunciation adv.
- away from, or not in, the normal or usual place, position, state, etc.: out of alphabetical order; to go out to dinner.
- away from one's home, country, work, etc., as specified: to go out of town.
- in or into the outdoors: to go out for a walk.
- to a state of exhaustion, extinction, or depletion: to pump a well out.
- to the end or conclusion;
to a final decision or resolution: to say it all out.
- to a point or state of extinction, nonexistence, etc.: to blow out the candle; a practice on the way out.
- in or into a state of neglect, disuse, etc.;
not in current vogue or fashion: That style has gone out.
- so as not to be in the normal or proper position or state;
out of joint: His back went out after his fall.
- in or into public notice or knowledge: The truth is out at last.
- seeking openly and energetically to do or have: to be out for a good time.
- not in present possession or use, as on loan: The librarian said that the book was still out.
- on strike: The miners go out at midnight.
- so as to project or extend: to stretch out; stick your tongue out.
- in or into activity, existence, or outward manifestation: A rash came out on her arm.
- from a specified source or material: made out of scraps.
- from a state of composure, satisfaction, or harmony: to be put out over trifles.
- in or into a state of confusion, vexation, dispute, variance, or unfriendliness: to fall out about trifles.
- so as to deprive or be deprived: to be cheated out of one's money.
- so as to use the last part of: to run out of gas.
- from a number, stock, or store: to point out the errors.
- aloud or loudly: to cry out.
- with completeness or effectiveness: to fill out.
entirely: The children tired me out.
- so as to obliterate or make undecipherable: to cross out a misspelling; to ink out.
- all out, with maximum effort;
thoroughly or wholeheartedly: They went all out to finish by Friday.
- out and away, to a surpassing extent;
far and away;
by far: It was out and away the best apple pie she had ever eaten.
- out for, aggressively determined to acquire, achieve, etc.: He's out for all the money he can get.
- out from under, out of a difficult situation, esp. of debts or other obligations: The work piled up while I was away and I don't know how I'll ever get out from under.
- out of:
- not within: out of the house.
- beyond the reach of: The boat's passengers had sailed out of hearing.
- not in a condition of: out of danger.
- so as to deprive or be deprived of.
- from within or among: Take the jokers out of the pack.
- because of;
owing to: out of loyalty.
- foaled by (a dam): Grey Dancer out of Lady Grey.
- out of it, [Informal.]
- not part of or acceptable within an activity, social group, or fashion: She felt out of it because none of her friends were at the party.
- not conscious;
drunk or heavily drugged.
- not alert or clearheaded;
- eliminated from contention: If our team loses two more games, we'll be out of it.
- out of sight. See sight (def. 19).
- out of trim, (of a ship) drawing excessively at the bow or stern.
- not at one's home or place of employment;
absent: I stopped by to visit you last night, but you were out.
- not open to consideration;
out of the question: I wanted to go by plane, but all the flights are booked, so that's out.
without: We had some but now we're out.
- removed from or not in effective operation, play, a turn at bat, or the like, as in a game: He's out for the season because of an injury.
- no longer having or holding a job, public office, etc.;
disengaged (usually fol. by of ): to be out of work.
extinguished: The elevator is out. Are the lights out?
ended: before the week is out.
- not currently stylish, fashionable, or in vogue: Fitted waistlines are out this season.
senseless: Two drinks and he's usually out.
- not in power, authority, or the like: a member of the out party.
- (of a batter) not succeeding in getting on base: He was out at first on an attempted bunt.
- (of a base runner) not successful in an attempt to advance a base or bases: He was out in attempting to steal second base.
- beyond fixed or regular limits;
out of bounds: The ball was out.
- having a pecuniary loss or expense to an indicated extent: The company will be out millions of dollars if the new factory doesn't open on schedule.
- incorrect or inaccurate: His calculations are out.
- not in practice;
unskillful from lack of practice: Your bow hand is out.
- beyond the usual range, size, weight, etc. (often used in combination): an outsize bed.
made bare, as by holes in one's clothing: out at the knees.
- at variance;
unfriendly: They are out with each other.
- moving or directed outward;
outgoing: the out train.
- not available, plentiful, etc.: Mums are out till next fall.
- located at a distance;
outlying: We sailed to six of the out islands.
- [Cricket.]not having its innings: the out side.
- of or pertaining to the playing of the first nine holes of an 18-hole golf course (opposed to in): His out score on the second round was 33.
- (used to indicate movement or direction from the inside to the outside of something): He looked out the window. She ran out the door.
- (used to indicate location): The car is parked out back.
- (used to indicate movement away from a central point): Let's drive out the old parkway.
- begone! away!
- (used in radio communications to signify that the sender has finished the message and is not expecting or prepared to receive a reply.) Cf. over (def. 61).
- [Archaic.](an exclamation of abhorrence, indignation, reproach, or grief (usually fol. by upon): Out upon you!
- a means of escape or excuse, as from a place, punishment, retribution, responsibility, etc.: He always left himself an out.
- a person who lacks status, power, or authority, esp. in relation to a particular group or situation.
- Usually, outs. persons not in office or political power (distinguished from ins).
- [Baseball.]a put-out.
- (in tennis, squash, handball, etc.) a return or service that does not land within the in-bounds limits of a court or section of a court (opposed to in).
- something that is out, as a projecting corner.
- the omission of a word or words.
- the word or words omitted.
- [Northern Brit. Dial.]an outing.
- be on the or at outs with, to be estranged from (another person);
be unfriendly or on bad terms with: He is on the outs with his brother.
- to go or come out.
- to become public, evident, known, etc.: The truth will out.
- to make known;
utter (fol. by with): Out with the truth!
- to eject or expel;
- to intentionally expose (a secret homosexual, esp. a public figure).
Forfor (fôr; unstressed fər),USA pronunciation prep.
- with the object or purpose of: to run for exercise.
- intended to belong to, or be used in connection with: equipment for the army; a closet for dishes.
- suiting the purposes or needs of: medicine for the aged.
- in order to obtain, gain, or acquire: a suit for alimony; to work for wages.
- (used to express a wish, as of something to be experienced or obtained): O, for a cold drink!
- sensitive or responsive to: an eye for beauty.
- desirous of: a longing for something; a taste for fancy clothes.
- in consideration or payment of;
in return for: three for a dollar; to be thanked for one's efforts.
- appropriate or adapted to: a subject for speculation; clothes for winter.
- with regard or respect to: pressed for time; too warm for April.
- during the continuance of: for a long time.
- in favor of;
on the side of: to be for honest government.
- in place of;
instead of: a substitute for butter.
- in the interest of;
on behalf of: to act for a client.
- in exchange for;
as an offset to: blow for blow; money for goods.
- in punishment of: payment for the crime.
- in honor of: to give a dinner for a person.
- with the purpose of reaching: to start for London.
- contributive to: for the advantage of everybody.
- in order to save: to flee for one's life.
- in order to become: to train recruits for soldiers.
- in assignment or attribution to: an appointment for the afternoon; That's for you to decide.
- such as to allow of or to require: too many for separate mention.
- such as results in: his reason for going.
- as affecting the interests or circumstances of: bad for one's health.
- in proportion or with reference to: He is tall for his age.
- in the character of;
as being: to know a thing for a fact.
- by reason of;
because of: to shout for joy; a city famed for its beauty.
- in spite of: He's a decent guy for all that.
- to the extent or amount of: to walk for a mile.
- (used to introduce a subject in an infinitive phrase): It's time for me to go.
- (used to indicate the number of successes out of a specified number of attempts): The batter was 2 for 4 in the game.
- for it, See in (def. 21).
- seeing that;
Allall (ôl),USA pronunciation adj.
- the whole of (used in referring to quantity, extent, or duration): all the cake; all the way; all year.
- the whole number of (used in referring to individuals or particulars, taken collectively): all students.
- the greatest possible (used in referring to quality or degree): with all due respect; with all speed.
- every: all kinds; all sorts.
any whatever: beyond all doubt.
- nothing but;
only: The coat is all wool.
- dominated by or as if by the conspicuous possession or use of a particular feature: The colt was all legs. They were all ears, listening attentively to everything she said.
- [Chiefly Pennsylvania German.]all gone;
finished: The pie is all.
- the whole quantity or amount: He ate all of the peanuts. All are gone.
- the whole number;
every one: all of us.
- everything: Is that all you want to say? All is lost.
- one's whole interest, energy, or property: to give one's all; to lose one's all.
- (often cap.) the entire universe.
- above all, before everything else;
chiefly: Above all, the little girl wanted a piano.
- after all, in spite of the circumstances;
notwithstanding: He came in time after all.
- all in all:
- everything considered;
in general: All in all, her health is greatly improved.
- altogether: There were twelve absentees all in all.
everything regarded as important: Painting became his all in all.
- all in hand, (of the copy for typesetting a particular article, book, issue, etc.) in the possession of the compositor.
- and all, together with every other associated or connected attribute, object, or circumstance: What with the snow and all, we may be a little late.
- at all:
- in the slightest degree: I wasn't surprised at all.
- for any reason: Why bother at all?
- in any way: no offense at all.
- for all (that), in spite of;
notwithstanding: For all that, it was a good year.
- in all, all included;
all together: a hundred guests in all.
- once and for all, for the last time;
finally: The case was settled once and for all when the appeal was denied.
completely: all alone.
exclusively: He spent his income all on pleasure.
apiece: The score was one all.
- all at once. See once (def. 14).
- all but, almost;
very nearly: These batteries are all but dead.
- all in, Northern and Western U.S. very tired;
exhausted: We were all in at the end of the day.
- all in the wind, too close to the wind.
- all out, with all available means or effort: We went all out to win the war.
- all over:
in every part.
- in every respect;
- all standing, [Naut.]
- in such a way and so suddenly that sails or engines are still set to propel a vessel forward: The ship ran aground all standing.
- fully clothed: The crew turned in all standing.
- fully equipped, as a vessel.
- all that, remarkably;
decidedly (used in negative constructions): It's not all that different from your other house.
- all the better, more advantageous;
so much the better: If the sun shines it will be all the better for our trip.
- all there, [Informal.]mentally competent;
not insane or feeble-minded: Some of his farfetched ideas made us suspect that he wasn't all there.
- all the same. See same (def. 8).
- all told. See told (def. 2).
- all up:
- [Print., Journ.](of copy) completely set in type.
- [Informal.]with no vestige of hope remaining: It's all up with George—they've caught him.
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Goodgood (gŏŏd),USA pronunciation adj., bet•ter, best, n., interj., adv.
- morally excellent;
pious: a good man.
- satisfactory in quality, quantity, or degree: a good teacher; good health.
- of high quality;
fit: It is good that you are here. His credentials are good.
- well-behaved: a good child.
- kind, beneficent, or friendly: to do a good deed.
- honorable or worthy;
in good standing: a good name.
- educated and refined: She has a good background.
- financially sound or safe: His credit is good.
not counterfeit: a good quarter.
- sound or valid: good judgment; good reasons.
responsible: good advice.
beneficial: Fresh fruit is good for you.
- in excellent condition;
healthy: good teeth.
- not spoiled or tainted;
palatable: The meat was still good after three months in the freezer.
propitious: good news.
amiable: in good spirits.
- free of distress or pain;
comfortable: to feel good after surgery.
pleasant: Have a good time.
handsome: She has a good figure.
- (of the complexion) smooth;
free from blemish.
- close or intimate;
warm: She's a good friend of mine.
- sufficient or ample: a good supply.
satisfactory for the purpose: a good day for fishing.
- competent or skillful;
clever: a good manager; good at arithmetic.
- skillfully or expertly done: a really good job; a good play.
- conforming to rules of grammar, usage, etc.;
correct: good English.
- socially proper: good manners.
- remaining available to one: Don't throw good money after bad.
- comparatively new or of relatively fine quality: Don't play in the mud in your good clothes.
- best or most dressy: He wore his good suit to the office today.
- full: a good day's journey away.
- fairly large or great: a good amount.
- free from precipitation or cloudiness: good weather.
- (of a patient's condition) having stable and normal vital signs, being conscious and comfortable, and having excellent appetite, mobility, etc.
rich: good soil.
- loyal: a good Democrat.
- (of a return or service in tennis, squash, handball, etc.) landing within the limits of a court or section of a court.
- [Horse Racing.](of the surface of a track) drying after a rain so as to be still slightly sticky: This horse runs best on a good track.
- (of meat, esp. beef ) noting or pertaining to the specific grade below "choice,'' containing more lean muscle and less edible fat than "prime'' or "choice.''
- favorably regarded (used as an epithet for a ship, town, etc.): the good shipSyrena.
- as good as. See as 1 (def. 18).
- good for:
- certain to repay (money owed) because of integrity, financial stability, etc.
- the equivalent in value of: Two thousand stamps are good for one coffeepot.
- able to survive or continue functioning for (the length of time or the distance indicated): These tires are good for another 10,000 miles.
- valid or in effect for (the length of time indicated): a license good for one year.
- (used as an expression of approval): Good for you!
- good full, (of a sail or sails) well filled, esp. when sailing close to the wind;
- make good:
- to make recompense for;
- to implement an agreement;
- to be successful.
- to substantiate;
- to carry out;
execute: The convicts made good their getaway.
- no good, without value or merit;
contemptible: The check was no good.
- profit or advantage;
benefit: What good will that do? We shall work for the common good.
- excellence or merit;
kindness: to do good.
- moral righteousness;
virtue: to be a power for good.
- (esp. in the grading of U.S. beef ) an official grade below that of "choice.''
- possessions, esp. movable effects or personal property.
- articles of trade;
merchandise: canned goods.
- what has been promised or is expected: to deliver the goods.
- the genuine article.
- evidence of guilt, as stolen articles: to catch someone with the goods.
- cloth or textile material: top-quality linen goods.
- [Chiefly Brit.]merchandise sent by land, rather than by water or air.
- come to no good, to end in failure or as a failure: Her jealous relatives said that she would come to no good.
- for good, finally and permanently;
forever: to leave the country for good.Also, for good and all.
- the good:
- the ideal of goodness or morality.
- good things or persons collectively.
- to the good:
- generally advantageous: That's all to the good, but what do I get out of it?
- richer in profit or gain: When he withdrew from the partnership, he was several thousand dollars to the good.
- (used as an expression of approval or satisfaction): Good! Now we can all go home.
- good and, very;
exceedingly: This soup is good and hot.