Cross Section Of Monocot Root was posted on April 2, 2018 at 8:31 am. It is posted at the Sectional category. Cross Section Of Monocot Root is labelled with Cross Section Of Monocot Root, Cross, Section, Of, Monocot, Root..
Crosscross (krôs, kros),USA pronunciation n., v., adj., -er, -est.
- a structure consisting essentially of an upright and a transverse piece, upon which persons were formerly put to death.
- any object, figure, or mark resembling a cross, as two intersecting lines.
- a mark resembling a cross, usually an X, made instead of a signature by a person unable to write.
- the Cross, the cross upon which Jesus died.
- a figure of the Cross as a Christian emblem, badge, etc.
- the Cross as the symbol of Christianity.
- a small cross with a human figure attached to it, as a representation of Jesus crucified;
- a sign made with the right hand by tracing the figure of a cross in the air or by touching the foreheard, chest, and shoulders, as an act of devotion.
- a structure or monument in the form of a cross, set up for prayer, as a memorial, etc.
- any of various conventional representations or modifications of the Christian emblem used symbolically or for ornament, as in heraldry or art: a Latin cross; a Maltese cross.
- the crucifixion of Jesus as the culmination of His redemptive mission.
- any suffering endured for Jesus' sake.
- the teaching of redemption gained by Jesus' death.
- the Christian religion, or those who accept it;
- an opposition;
- any misfortune;
- a crossing of animals or plants;
a mixing of breeds.
- an animal, plant, breed, etc., produced by crossing;
- a person or thing that is intermediate in character between two others.
- [Boxing.]a punch thrown across and over the lead of an opponent.
- a contest the result of which is dishonestly arranged beforehand.
- a crossing.
- a place of crossing.
- [Plumbing.]a four-way joint or connection.
- an actor's movement from one area of a stage to another.
- Also called cross-trade. an arrangement for the simultaneous sale and purchase of a block of stock handled by a single broker.
- [Mach.]spider (def. 6b).
- (cap.) See Southern Cross.
- bear one's cross, to accept trials or troubles patiently.
- take the cross, to make the vows of a crusader.
- to move, pass, or extend from one side to the other side of (a street, river, etc.).
- to put or draw (a line, lines, etc.) across.
- to cancel by marking with a cross or with a line or lines (often fol. by off or out).
- to mark with a cross.
- to lie or pass across;
- to meet and pass.
- to transport across something.
- to assist or guide (a person) across a street or intersection: The guard crossed the child at the traffic light.
- to place in the form of a cross or crosswise.
- [Biol.]to cause (members of different genera, species, breeds, varieties, or the like) to interbreed.
- to oppose openly;
- to betray;
- to make the sign of a cross upon or over, as in devotion: to cross oneself.
- to set (a yard) in proper position on a mast.
- [Obs.]to confront in a hostile manner.
- to lie or be athwart;
- to move, pass, or extend from one side or place to another: Cross at the intersection.
- to meet and pass.
- to interbreed.
- [Theat.]to move from one side of the stage to the other, esp. by passing downstage of another actor.
- cross one's heart. See heart (def. 22).
- cross one's mind. See mind (def. 21).
- cross one's path. See path (def. 6).
- cross over:
- [Biol.](of a chromosome segment) to undergo crossing over.
- to switch allegiance, as from one political party to another.
- to change successfully from one field of endeavor, genre, etc., to another: to cross over from jazz to rock.
- Also, cross over to the other side. to die;
- cross someone's palm. See palm 1 (def. 11).
- cross up:
- to change arrangements made with;
deceive: He crossed me up after we had agreed to tell the police the same story.
- to confuse: I was supposed to meet him at the station, but got crossed up.
- angry and annoyed;
snappish: Don't be cross with me.
- lying or passing crosswise or across each other;
transverse: cross timbers.
- involving a reciprocal action, interchange, or the like: a cross-endorsement of political candidates; cross-marketing of related services.
opposite: They were at cross purposes with each other.
Sectionsec•tion (sek′shən),USA pronunciation n.
- a part that is cut off or separated.
- a distinct part or subdivision of anything, as an object, country, community, class, or the like: the poor section of town; the left section of a drawer.
- a distinct part or subdivision of a writing, as of a newspaper, legal code, chapter, etc.: the financial section of a daily paper; section 2 of the bylaws.
- one of a number of parts that can be fitted together to make a whole: sections of a fishing rod.
- (in most of the U.S. west of Ohio) one of the 36 numbered subdivisions, each one square mile (2.59 sq. km or 640 acres), of a township.
- an act or instance of cutting;
separation by cutting.
- the making of an incision.
- an incision.
- a thin slice of a tissue, mineral, or the like, as for microscopic examination.
- a representation of an object as it would appear if cut by a plane, showing its internal structure.
- a small unit consisting of two or more squads.
- Also called staff section. any of the subdivisions of a staff.
- a small tactical division in naval and air units.
- a division of a sleeping car containing both an upper and a lower berth.
- a length of trackage, roadbed, signal equipment, etc., maintained by one crew.
- any of two or more trains, buses, or the like, running on the same route and schedule at the same time, one right behind the other, and considered as one unit, as when a second is necessary to accommodate more passengers than the first can carry: On holidays the New York to Boston train runs in three sections.
- a segment of a naturally segmented fruit, as of an orange or grapefruit.
- a division of an orchestra or band containing all the instruments of one class: a rhythm section.
- [Bookbinding.]signature (def. 8).
- Also called section mark. a mark used to indicate a subdivision of a book, chapter, or the like, or as a mark of reference to a footnote.
- [Theat.]one of a series of circuits for controlling certain lights, as footlights.
- shape (def. 12).
- to cut or divide into sections.
- to cut through so as to present a section.
- to make an incision.
Ofof1 (uv, ov; unstressed əv or, esp. before consonants, ə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to indicate distance or direction from, separation, deprivation, etc.): within a mile of the church; south of Omaha; to be robbed of one's money.
- (used to indicate derivation, origin, or source): a man of good family; the plays of Shakespeare; a piece of cake.
- (used to indicate cause, motive, occasion, or reason): to die of hunger.
- (used to indicate material, component parts, substance, or contents): a dress of silk; a book of poems; a package of cheese.
- (used to indicate apposition or identity): Is that idiot of a salesman calling again?
- (used to indicate specific identity or a particular item within a category): the city of Chicago; thoughts of love.
- (used to indicate possession, connection, or association): the king of France; the property of the church.
- (used to indicate inclusion in a number, class, or whole): one of us.
- (used to indicate the objective relation, the object of the action noted by the preceding noun or the application of a verb or adjective): the ringing of bells; He writes her of home; I'm tired of working.
- (used to indicate reference or respect): There is talk of peace.
- (used to indicate qualities or attributes): an ambassador of remarkable tact.
- (used to indicate a specified time): They arrived of an evening.
- [Chiefly Northern U.S.]before the hour of;
until: twenty minutes of five.
- on the part of: It was very mean of you to laugh at me.
- in respect to: fleet of foot.
- set aside for or devoted to: a minute of prayer.
- [Archaic.]by: consumed of worms.
Monocotmon•o•cot (mon′ə kot′),USA pronunciation n. [Bot.]
Also, mon•o•cot•yl (mon′ə kot′l).USA pronunciation
- a monocotyledon.
Rootroot1 (ro̅o̅t, rŏŏt),USA pronunciation n.
- a part of the body of a plant that develops, typically, from the radicle and grows downward into the soil, anchoring the plant and absorbing nutriment and moisture.
- a similar organ developed from some other part of a plant, as one of those by which ivy clings to its support.
- any underground part of a plant, as a rhizome.
- something resembling or suggesting the root of a plant in position or function: roots of wires and cables.
- the embedded or basal portion of a hair, tooth, nail, nerve, etc.
- the fundamental or essential part: the root of a matter.
- the source or origin of a thing: The love of money is the root of all evil.
- a person or family as the source of offspring or descendants.
- an offshoot or scion.
- a quantity that, when multiplied by itself a certain number of times, produces a given quantity: The number 2 is the square root of 4, the cube root of 8, and the fourth root of 16.
- rth root, the quantity raised to the power 1/r:The number 2 is the &fracnumer;
root of 8.
- a value of the argument of a function for which the function takes the value zero.
- a morpheme that underlies an inflectional or derivational paradigm, as dance, the root in danced, dancer, or ten-, the root of Latin tendere "to stretch.''
- such a form reconstructed for a parent language, as *sed-, the hypothetical proto-Indo-European root meaning "sit.''
- a person's original or true home, environment, and culture: He's lived in New York for twenty years, but his roots are in France.
- the personal relationships, affinity for a locale, habits, and the like, that make a country, region, city, or town one's true home: He lived in Tulsa for a few years, but never established any roots there.
- personal identification with a culture, religion, etc., seen as promoting the development of the character or the stability of society as a whole.
- the fundamental tone of a compound tone or of a series of harmonies.
- the lowest tone of a chord when arranged as a series of thirds;
- (in a screw or other threaded object) the narrow inner surface between threads. Cf. crest (def. 18), flank (def. 7).
- (in a gear) the narrow inner surface between teeth.
- [Australian Informal.]an act of sexual intercourse.
- [Shipbuilding.]the inner angle of an angle iron.
- root and branch, utterly;
entirely: to destroy something root and branch.
- take root:
- to send out roots;
begin to grow.
- to become fixed or established: The prejudices of parents usually take root in their children.
- to become fixed or established.
- to fix by or as if by roots: We were rooted to the spot by surprise.
- to implant or establish deeply: Good manners were rooted in him like a second nature.
- to pull, tear, or dig up by the roots (often fol. by up or out).
- to extirpate;
remove completely (often fol. by up or out): to root out crime.
This post about Cross Section Of Monocot Root have 6 images including Cross Section Of Monocot Root #1 Monocot And Dicots Stems, Allium Tuberosum Monocot Root Cross Section. Magnification 40X, Cross Section Of Monocot Root #3 Dicot Root Vs. Monocot Root: What's The Difference?, Monocot Stems, Cross Section Of Monocot Root #5 Dicot Root, Left; Monocot Root , Right, Cross Section Of Monocot Root #6 Root Cross Section Of A Monocot Plant, Zea Mays, Maize, Corn.. Following are the pictures:
Are you having difficulty deciding which lights will be selected for the Cross Section Of Monocot Root the top illumination design for-you? Properly, nowadays can be your blessed evening because we'll give you on how exactly to pick the perfect illumination to your bedroom, four amazing tips! Bedside lamps are a must in nearly every room.
Nonetheless, it is sometimes not enough, so that you should think about it to take into account exactly how many plainly enlightened sites you should have in your room. You choose to use possibly or just a little wall sconce a lamp as your bedside lamp and can opt for unique strategies.
The important thing is always to choose the alternative that best matches your needs whether appearance or their area is linked. It's important why the precise lighting is placed here and never there to decide.